Free School Meals back to homepage
Your child may be eligible for free school meals – and accordingly pupil premium – if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
- Universal credit
From September 2014, all children in Reception and Years 1 and 2 will qualify for free school meals (UFSM), regardless of their family income, but only the children who would have qualified for free meals under the above income-based criteria will receive the pupil premium.
If your child qualifies for free school meals, it’s important that you tell school – even if they take a packed lunch or receive UFSM– as this enables us to claim pupil premium and provide more learning opportunities for your child.
Please complete the attached form and return to school office asap