Interim Executive Board
The IEB was established in November 2020 to secure the rapid turnaround of the school, following the Ofsted judgement of Serious Weaknesses in February 2020. The IEB has replaced the former Board of Governors in performing the role of the governing body and provides regular reports to the local authority (LA).
Background & Purpose
The IEB meets formally once a month (or more often if the need arises) to provide challenge and support to senior leaders within school. The focus of the work of the IEB is to monitor and evaluate the implementation of the school development and improvement plans which address the weaknesses identified in the Ofsted inspection report.
The IEB is comprised of a team of professionals with extensive experience in education, school improvement, finance, training and development, each of whom has a designated area of responsibility. More information about these areas of responsibility can be found at the bottom of this page.
The Role, Delegated Authority & Duties of the IEB
The core function of the IEB is to secure a sound basis for accelerated current and future improvement in the school and its governance. This includes the promotion of high standards of educational achievement, personal development and safeguarding for all such that the school can be removed from Serious Weaknesses set by OFSTED. The IEB will take on the responsibilities and functions of the normally constituted Board of Governors. The IEB will fulfil its responsibilities of ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction by:
- Developing the school’s vision
- Setting targets for school improvement, with particular reference to the Areas for Improvement from inspection
- Overseeing the effectiveness of the school leadership and management
- Monitoring appraisal arrangements
- Supporting in the line management and appraisal of the Headteacher
- Ensuring that the staffing structure of the school supports improvement needs effectively and is financially viable
- Supporting the school’s leadership team in ensuring that all staff, teaching and non-teaching, meet the expected standards of professional performance
- Working closely with the school, the Local Authority, the Department for Education, the office of the Regional Schools Commissioner and to secure a future for the school
- Monitoring performance against targets set by the IEB and/or in the post-Ofsted action plan through a range of evidence, including receiving regular information from the Headteacher and senior leaders on the performance of all aspects of the school.
Contact the Interim Executive Board
If parents/carers wish to contact the Interim Executive Board, please route any enquiry or written correspondence (addressed private and confidential) to Emma Metcalfe-Dunham, Chair of Interim Executive Board – email@example.com
IEB Application Form and Proposed Members
Governor's Term of Office
|Governor Name||Governor Type||Start Date||End Date|
|Ruth Kelsey||Local Authority||02-12-2019||20-10-2020|
|Gareth Davies||Associate Member||03-04-2019||20-10-2020|
Dates and attendance of Full Governing Body Committee Meetings 2019 - 2020
The Governing Body was replaced by the Interim Executive Board (IEB) from the 20th October 2020.
|Name of Governor||Type of Governor||27/02/2019||19/06/2019||12/11/2019||04/03/2020||17/06/2020||17/09/2020|
|Ruth Kelsey||Local Authority||/||/||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Eleanor Kelly||Local Authority||Y||N||/||/||/||/|
|Gareth Davies||Associate Member||N||N||N||/||/||/|
Y - Attended
N - Apologies accepted
NA - Apologies not received
Blank - No attendance required
/ - Not member of the Board at this time