Welcome to Nursery
We are the Robins class
In our class we work with Miss Cooper and Miss Dolan
From 2nd November 2020 Nursery session times will run as follows:
AM Session: 8.30am - 11.30am
PM Session: 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Full Time Session: 8.30am - 3.00pm
Please ensure you collect your child on time at the end of each session.
Welcome to Spring 2. We are excited to be continuing our learning both in school and remotely via Tapestry!
This half term, our topic is called 'How Does Your Garden Grow?'. Our learning will be all about growth and change. We will be exploring the new season of spring and looking at what happens to plants as they grow. We will be looking at the texts 'Jasper's Beanstalk', 'Jack and the Beanstalk' and 'How to Grow a Dinosaur'.
Our English focus will be practising the different aspects of Communication and Language - listening, attention, understanding and speaking as well as responding to different texts and questions. We will also be continuing to practise writing our names and forming letters
In Phonics we will be continuing Phase 1 to develop our listening skills, focussing in particular on Aspect 7: Oral blending and segmenting
In Maths we will be continuing with our counting by practising counting out from larger amounts, counting a collection of objects and reciting numbers. We will also continue to explore and recognise numerals and will be starting to think about the different ways we can represent numbers. We will be exploring time and sequencing events as well as 2D shape.
We will continue our development of Communication and Language, Physical Development, Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design through our learning in the continuous provision.
We will also continue our sessions of Link for Life, Dinosaur School, Dough Disco, and Wake Up Shake Up/Yoga.
Please note - all online learning can be accessed via Tapestry. We love seeing your home learning so keep uploading photos and videos for us! If you need any support with Tapestry, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Alternatively, there is lots of support available via the Tapestry help pages: https://tapestry.info/parents-carers.html
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any queries or questions or wish to speak to a member of staff, please make a phone appointment via the school office.
In the Nursery our curriculum is based on ‘Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage’ (EYFS). This has recently been updated and the 2020 version has now been published.
There are 7 areas of learning – 3 prime areas (Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, Physical Development) and 4 specific areas (Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts and Design).
At Moorhouse, the 4 themes of the EYFS underpin all our planning, practice and provision - A Unique Child, Positive Relationships and Enabling Environments, which together equal Learning and Development.
We also plan for, observe and assess the way in which your child approaches learning. This is done through the ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’ and we report on this at the end of the Reception year.
The 3 characteristics are Playing and Exploring, Active Learning and Creating and Thinking Critically.
Children participate in daily Literacy, Maths and Phonics sessions. These sessions are interactive, multi-sensory and adapted to different learning styles.
Our Literacy sessions are based around a variety of fiction and non-fiction texts. Shared reading and writing is modelled and children also have the opportunity to compare different types of texts, videos or web-based writing.
Our Maths sessions are often energetic and collaborative. We sing lots of songs and use lots of different resources to aid learning. The majority of our work is practical with photographic evidence of the activities in the children’s Learning Journeys.
For our Phonics sessions we currently use a scheme called 'Letters and Sounds'. Nursery cover Phase 1 of a six phase scheme.
Things to Remember:
- Please ensure that you provide your child with a clean change of clothes. This will be kept on their coat peg and used for any accidents. We do not currently have many spare clothes available in school. Please also provide wipes for your child if you feel they may need them.
- Please provide your child with a pair of pumps to be used for indoor PE.
- Please provide a pair of wellies for your child to keep in school for outside learning.
- All clothes and possessions should be named.
- Please do not allow your children to use or play on the outside equipment before or after school. Children must only use the equipment when supervised by a member of staff.
- You must not enter the school building unless by prior arrangement with a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Please do not cross the white line surrounding the outside door. You should wear a mask when dropping off/collecting your child. Staff will wear protective face shields and masks at these times.
- If you wish to contact school or speak to a member of staff, please phone the school office to book a telephone appointment.
- We take part in Book Share in Nursery. Books will be changed on a Monday. Please make sure that you bring books back in on a Monday in order for them to be changed. Books will be quarantined before being sent out again.
Useful Websites & Resources
Try out these links to help you support your child at home: