Welcome to Year 5 Kingfishers!
Things to remember
- Homework is given out on a Friday and should be returned no later than the following Wednesday
- PE days are Wednesday and Friday
Leon and the Place Between by Angela McAllister and Grahame Baker-Smith
The Magic Box by Kit Wright
Children will create their own Narrative from when Leon enters the portal. They will also create an information text on Earth and Space.
This half-term children will be learning:
- Numbers to 1,000,000
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100, 1,000
- Comparing and ordering numbers
- Roman numerals to 10,000
- Negative numbers
- Number sequences
- Counting in 10s, 100s, 1,000s & 10,000s
- Addition and Subtraction.
Our topic this half term is Earth and Space. Our learning challenge is: Will we ever send another human to the moon?
We will locate the world’s countries, using maps to focus on North America and concentrating on their key physical and human characteristics, countries, and major cities.
Our learning challenge is: What’s so special about the USA?
We will be learning a range skills this half-term.
Link 4 Life P.E lesson Friday 1pm-2pm
Year 5 will be using Purple Mash within their Computing lessons. Children can also access Purple Mash at home using their school log ins. They will also have the opportunity to apply to be a Digital leader.